Monday, July 29, 2013

Magic Wood Scratch Remover

I am feeling better. So I thought I would share with you something I watched my Hooman do today. Maybe you can use this recipe and save some of your furniture too.

 This is Magic juice. Well, actually it is an 8oz Tupperware container filled with 6 oz (3/4 cup) of oil and 2 oz (1/4 cup) of Distilled White Vinegar. you can use any oil, canola, olive etc. You can also use any vinegar, like cider vinegar.
 
 My Hooman mixed up her Magic Scratch mix, grabbed a white cleaning rag & headed into the bedroom to her footboard. You can see the scratches in the Cherry wood in this picture. I did not scratch the bed, one of the dogs my Hooman fostered for a while did. Anyway, my Hooman put some mix on the rag and rubbed it over the scratch (Click on the pictures to see it up close).

 This is what the footboard looked like after she rubbed on the mix. Now the mix won't fill in the scratch, but you can see that it makes it much less visible. I think it's amazing! Below is the picture of the rag after she rubbed the mix on the wood. My Hooman was worried that the finish was being removed or smeared around, but as you can see there is no finish on the rag.

1 comment:

  1. This is such good advice! And it gives me comfort to know another writer who doesn't write systematically same amount of time each day.

    ReplyDelete