Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Field of Flowers


Here is a picture of my Hooman refers to as "a mess of pretty". She loves the Sweet Pea and Lilies just growing free out there in the field. There is a creek, one of the 2 we have, down there and the Hoomans decided that they are going to selectively harvest the area to keep the flowers, get rid of the weeds and plant things like Corkscrew Willow, Red Twig Dogwood & Paw Paw Trees! My Hooman owned a flower shop once. I think she's trying to create her own wild flower shop!

3 comments:

  1. Your hooman should remember that those lilies may very well attract snakes and especially if they are close to water. I will see what I have in my collection of seeds to add to the mix, if your hooman would like. I used to have Marshmallow (Zebrina Malva) seeds that are HARDY and VERY prolific spreaders via seeds. Also daisy, black eyed susans, echinacea.
    Have you found any Monkey Puzzle trees around your place Little Dog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not found any Monkey Puzzle Trees. We have brown mole snakes and black rat snakes in the field. My Hooman likes those snakes because they don't like to eat people, they keep the rodent population from the house and they keep the bad snakes away. The Hooman with the big Black Angus cows behind us said he saw snakes near our creek. My Hooman hopes they are just harmless Common Watersnakes but needs to be careful there because they could be Northern Copperheads.

      My Hooman would love the hardy prolific flowers! She can't wait to make the land look like a woodland park!

      Delete
  2. I will look for seeds to send your hooman but make no guarantees as to finding them nor if they are still able to sprout. They are pretty old. Hopefully you have no cottonmouths in your area Little Dog.

    ReplyDelete