Sunday, June 9, 2013

Plumbing Problems

I promised you that I would tell you all about the drama the Hoomans are experiencing here in my house. It is a story you might need a cup of tea and a nice couch for or in my Hoomans case, a bottle of wine....or two.

First let me tell you that this is our new house. Except that it's old. The bank owned it for awhile, although I thought banks pretty much owned all houses so I am not sure why the Hooman wants you to know that, other than she's a clean freak and the pre-story statement goes something like this.....

"The images you are about to see are not reflective of the way the Hoomans live, it is simply the state of disrepair the dwelling was in upon purchase from Freddie Mac."

Now I don't know who Freddie Mac is but I think he lived on Elm Street not our street.

So back to my story.

There are 3 bathrooms in this house. One in the master suite, one upstairs and one downstairs.

When the water was turned on the day we moved in we found multiple leaks under the house. So the decision was made to cap off the lines going to the east wing of the house where the master suite is until the remodel was underway.

The upstairs bathroom has its own issues. The bathtub hot water handle broke, so you can't take a shower up there unless you want to freeze. The sink leaks, so we don't use it and we found out that the toilet leaks when you flush it. The Hoomans decided it is a problem the house has had for a while. So they tried to replace the wax seal. It still leaked. The metal collar is broken. And guess what? That bathroom is over the kitchen, so the kitchen ceiling had to come out.

 
Well, the leak isn't fixed yet so we now have a Tupperware flood bowl in the floor in the kitchen.
 
 
I know you are wondering why we just don't use the main floor bathroom right? Well, that's where it  the part of the story that makes me think my Hooman is a crybaby a little overwhelmed with water issues.
 
So in the main bath, the shower worked but drained slowly. Then it didn't. Drain I mean. So they called out the septic man thinking he could fix the issue. He just poked a big metal rod into the ground and then dug holes, which by the way I am not allowed to do.......not fair. Apparently there is no septic tank here. Which I think my Hooman is happy about.
 
So next the public works guys came out. They spent 2 days here digging in our yard, cutting our field and adding a white pipe to our landscape. I am sure it has a purpose because it isn't very pretty. Oh, if you click on the picture it will get bigger and you can see it better.
 
 
They said they pulled a couple of root balls out of the line but it didn't fix things. So the Hoomans bought a product guaranteed to work or your money back. Now they are getting their money back. Next, they rented a snake from the local True Value. I didn't know you could rent snakes and I am not sure why they brought it in the house......the last one in the house freaked out my Hooman. I didn't want to see it so I went to my crate.
 
They couldn't get the toilet out, so they broke it. With a monkey wrench. Not sure how that fixes things.
 
 

They snaked the drain, and it made the bath water drain a little better. But, because they broke the toilet, the place where it goes is just a hole in the floor connected to a pipe.

Now the Real plumber has to come figure out why half of the house drains correctly, half doesn't and he gets to fix/replace pipes.

So.......my Hooman can shower in the downstairs with a slow draining tub while she watches the hole in the floor where the toilet used to be to make sure it doesn't overflow. She can brush her teeth in the main bath sink. But she has to go upstairs to do the rest.

Now you know why I found a couple of empty wine bottles over the past week. It's tough to be a Hooman.

3 comments:

  1. Will send more wine for your hooman. Our favorite white, does your hooman want 6 bottles? I hope it gets better for your hooman, and you Little Dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my Hooman would be so very grateful for any amount sent. She has been looking for the favorite white everywhere here and can't find it.

    ReplyDelete